REGISTRATION FOR INDIVIDUAL CLASSES
People may take any of the following classes without enrolling in the entire certification program:
- Massage for People Living with Cancer
- Oncology Massage Intensive: An Eastern Medical Perspective
- Massage in the Oncology Setting (hospital intensive)
- Manual Lymph Drainage.
To register for one of these classes (except the hospital intensive), contact Lonnie Howard email@example.com To register for Massage in the Oncology Setting (hospital intensive) go to www.medicinehands.com
Please note: we do not accept credit cards.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR CERTIFICATION
Download the Information about applying to the 300-hour program.
Pre-requisites for applying to the Certification program:
1) Massage for People Living with Cancer
2) Oncology Massage Intensive: Eastern Medical Perspective
We seek a high degree of professionalism in applicants as well as willingness to be a student again. In order to be considered for candidacy in the Oncology Massage Certification Program, applicants must have 500 hours* of massage therapy training, be licensed in their state (if applicable), provide proof of professional liability insurance, and have internet access and an email address.
Please write 2 – 5 pages in answer to the following questions:
- Personal Information: name, address, phone number, email address, number of hours of Massage Therapy education and place of training and Massage License Number and State (if applicable).
- How long have you been in practice and do you have a particular focus or orientation in your work?
- Write about any past work, volunteer history or experience you may have with people who had/have cancer. Include any personal or family experiences as well.
- Write about the strengths and challenges you would bring to this work.
- Please let us know any other information you would like us to consider. Please include a recent photo (send in email)*, two letters of recommendation from professionals in your field and a $50 non-refundable application fee. After we receive your completed application, we will call you to set up a phone interview if we feel it is necessary. *Since Gayle and Sandy teach so many students, your photo will refresh their memory about who you are.
*Contact us if your initial bodywork training was less than 500 hours, but you feel you have equivalent additional training and experience.
Once approximately every 18 months we begin a new group of students. They form a “pod” and complete Working at Home and in One’s Community and then Advanced Supervision and Closure together.
Send completed applications to:
Peregrine Institute of Oncology Massage Training
c/o Lonnie Howard
PO Box 22515
Santa Fe, NM 87502